This is an experiment in progress, so it might still turn out to be a disaster.
85 degrees (F) max until germination changing to 80 degrees afterward. Removal of cover after germination. A photo-period of 16 hours per day. One cell of the tray has been left empty so that the standing water level can be monitored. Water should be standing but not above the soil. After a few weeks I should have tiny little traps. After a couple of years I should have traps big enough to transplant into other containers and start a dormancy cycle.
- 1 x Standard 11" x 22" Seedling tray with cover
- 3 x T5 (Sun Blaze) Grow Lights (mounted to and hung by two 5" square dowels)
- 1 x Heat mat
- 1 x Thermostat
- 1 x Timer
- Some aluminum foil
- Soil mix of 1 part Sphagnum peat and 1 part sand
- 2 gallons distilled water (to clean sand and start out)
- 375 Venus Flytrap Seeds (Dionaea muscipula)